Elena started at a new daycare today. She’ll be going there three days a week, and still to her old one 1-2 days a week. The old one is an in-home day care situation, where she’s with a couple of other kids in a lady’s house. We have been going to a combination of this lady and her daughter since we moved here in July 2010 and we like them. But since Elena just turned 3 we wanted to start exposing her to a more school-like environment with kids her own age.
Things I am most looking forward to about this change:
- Maybe someone else will potty train my child
- Not having to prepare breakfast, lunch and snack every morning
- Receiving crafts made by my child that I can proudly display on my desk at work
Things I am most not looking forward to about this change:
- Increase in birthday party invitations
- Increase in illness
- Elena making friends with kids where I am not already friends with the parents, forcing me to interact with parents that maybe I won’t like (see also #1)
Drop-off today was generally non-traumatic. She wanted us to stay with her, we told her school was for teachers and kids, she said OK, and we left. She’s pretty social so I think she’ll be fine.