(1) After the initial post-baby recovery is complete, it is significantly – SIGNIFICANTLY – easier to work out while you are on maternity leave than when you are back to work.
(2) I ambitiously signed up for at least 1 5K that I did not participate in as a result.
(3) I have only been to my gym one time since August. (I really should quit.)
(4) However! My work has a little gym, and I’ve been working out up there sometimes during lunch, and I have also been able to fit in workouts at home.
(5) I was going to work out today but I only got 5 hours of sleep last night so I decided it was a bad idea.
(6) I entered a lottery with a group of local people to run the Cherry Blossom 10 mile race on April 6. Our group was accepted! So I am signed up for this race.
(8) The course is supposed to be beautiful and I am looking forward to the run (even if the cherry blossoms are unpredictable and may or may not be making an appearance). However, I might be more excited about the possibility of attending Perry’s for drag brunch than I am about the run. I keep telling myself I need make this work for me by visualizing going to brunch as my end goal.
(9) So despite my general exercise failings and inadequacies outlined about, I need to start my Training Program not next week but the week after. I think it will be easier to motivate myself to exercise with specific goals in mind (i.e., not collapsing at the race, Perry’s for drag brunch afterward).