(1) I’m going for a short run this afternoon. The more people I tell, the more likely I am to go. I’ve been off a few weeks due to snow, baby stuff, work stuff, etc. It’s so hard to break the seal and get back to it when it’s been a while. Even with low expectations and nice running weather. (Similar to blogging. I’ve been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think about what to write because I feel like nothing really interesting is going on, but I just need to jump in and have low expectations, I guess.)
(2) We had a fairly eventful weekend. Elena had two sleepovers (Rachel on Friday, Grandma Patty on Saturday) PLUS yoga PLUS Disney on Ice (with Grandma Patty) and there was a lot of driving her around to these various events. Zoe and I went to a jewelry party (she didn’t get anything, but she did get to look at her baby friends Abbie and Amory) and the grocery store.
(3) Speaking of running and this weekend, I’m pretty sure I’m the only person in Pittsburgh who didn’t get a run in this weekend. As I was driving to all the various places we needed to go, I’d inevitably pass 10-20 people running. I kept telling myself that it’s the beginning of nice weather and there will be lots of other chances to get out there. And that my muscles won’t atrophy.
(4) We seem to have survived Daylight Saving Time fairly unscathed. I feel like “fall back” was a bit traumatic this year, but “spring ahead” seems to have gone well, which is counter-intuitive to me. I suppose it helps that there’s no real scheduling issue with us waking up at 8:30 instead of 7:30.
(5) Ben and I have a date on Saturday! We are planning to go to Cure. I made a semi-resolution this year for us to try four new restaurants on date nights and this will be the first one. From everything I’ve heard about this place it should be an interesting experience.