Thoughts from another Orange Chair
Hey, there. It’s so refreshing to get a few moments and sit in my orange chair (credited to my parents’ love for auction bargains) and share my thoughts with a whole new set of people. Like Sandy, I am also a working mom who tries to take care of myself and feels like I deserve it from time to time! (wink) So, taking a few minutes away from the hustle and bustle of four kids to chat with you all is one of those ways I plan on spoiling myself this weekend.
Becky and her son Evan in their orange chair, 2014 (miss them baby cheeks!)
You see, my babies are turning one tomorrow. I know. Those of you who follow my blog are all in disbelief, right? The ‘lil Burgher twins are turning one, and basically that means I have about six years to rebrand my blog because they are not going to be little much longer (and their older siblings are going to be 11 and 13 at that point). That clock is ticking.
There’s NO WAY this was a year ago, right?
When your kids hit major milestones like this, it’s a privilege to spoil yourself, yes? Especially since I’ve “sacrificed” my body for them since July 2014 – a whole 22 months? For sure. Don’t you agree that that first birthday celebration is really for mom and dad? YOU made it!
Alright, then. If I had a magic switch and could pause time and enjoy a few things going on in Pittsburgh during this special weekend of ours’, here’s what I’d do with my amazing partner in this crazy journey of life:
- Score tickets to the Pirates Home Opener.
- FINALLY get breakfast at Pamela’s. Yes, I went to college in Shadyside and the glory of those sweet pancakes has yet to cross my lips.
- Get a massage. The last one I had was when I was six months pregnant, and it had to be entirely too gentle.
- Run the Race for Grace. Frankly, the only reason I didn’t do it was because it’s the girls’ birthday. My “comeback” 5K is going to be next weekend though! (I was on a running hiatus from September 2014 – February 2016, aka, pure torture to someone who became addicted to running.)
- Sleep. I’m running on an average of 4-5 hours a night right now (according to my FitBit). The kids aren’t even to blame. I simply can’t shut my mind off.
- Float at Levity. The tears I have to shed can just float away into the salty water.
Instead, I’m going to get up off this here chair and start to hang all things pink and gold in preparation for family and friends joining us tomorrow. I’ll find some tissues because there’s sure to be tears (of joy). Admittedly, I’ve got food to pick up (thank goodness for online grocery ordering – all moms deserved this recent pleasure), floors to sweep, and toys to put away. Tomorrow is going to be bittersweet, yinz.
Becky is the blogger behind lilburghers.com – a blog about raising her four kids in the (far northern) suburbs of Pittsburgh with the help of her husband, Greg.
Harvest + Bloom // Yes, Wear That! // jelly jars // Glam and Graffiti // To The Streets // In Pursuit // Pittsburgh & Pearls // Beezus Kiddo // Goodness Madness // Last Minute Panic // Steel City Intrigue // Crank Crank Revolution // Amanda Narcisi // Pittsburgh is Beautiful // From Cats to Cooking // Yum Yum PGH // Breelicious Bites // Parmesan Princess // Coffee & A Blonde // The Steel Trap // Wavy Alabaster // everybody loves you… // Eat with Emily // Don’t Forget to Eat // Sloping in the Sky // From Farm to Turntable // Secrets in the Wall // Red Pen Mama // Feedback Soup // The AP Collection // Blog Or Die PGH // Pittsburgh Happy Hour // Friendly Fitness Foodie // Small Town Dad // Josh’s World // Geeky Sweetie // Sean’s Ramblings // Lunges, Long Runs and Lattes // Try it and You May! // lil Burghers // Orange Chair Blog // Ya Jagoff // Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents // Melissa Firman
Thanks to Alex at everybody loves you… for organizing and for including me!